Hidalgo Medical Services (HMS) is a nonprofit healthcare organization providing comprehensive medical, dental, mental health, and family support services at multiple sites to more than 16,000 patients a year. HMS serves as the only Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in both Hidalgo and Grant counties. HMS is accredited by the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
According to HRSA, community health centers comply with Federal requirements to:
- Serve a medically underserved population,
- Provide appropriate and necessary services with fees adjusted on patients’ ability to pay,
- Demonstrate sound clinical and financial management, and
- Be governed by a board, a majority of which includes health center patients.
Hidalgo Medical Services positively impacts the health, well-being and quality of life for those we serve providing comprehensive, integrated, affordable healthcare and education of patients and healthcare professionals.
Hidalgo Medical Services will become the recognized leader in providing medical, dental, mental health and family support services for everyone in Hidalgo County and the Southwest, as well as a national model for sustainable frontier health services and community development.
Hidalgo Medical Services believes in and demonstrates, both internally and externally, the following organizational values:
- Service - To respectfully serve others through high-quality and compassionate healthcare delivery and community health.
- Culture - To support the establishment, and sustainment, of an organizational culture conducive to quality healthcare delivery.
- Education - To provide quality health education to those we serve.
- Community - To demonstrate our responsibility to serve our communities in ways that align with our mission, vision and values.
- Excellence - To support and actively engage in the pursuit of excellence in all we do.